So How Many Oppos Do You Own?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My oldest, the DV-970HD started messing up several years ago, I sent that puppy off to Cali and they got it purring again.
Cleaned the laser lens on the BDP-80 once, it's been fine since and the 103 still working good.
No probs with the (very) used Sony I bought for a back up SACD ripper. I still got a Sammie DVD-HD841 in the closet, don't know if it's worth fooling with. Maybe I can palm it off on my Daughter.

Does Oppo or associates maintain any repair centers over there?

I know they still have technical support through their US email address because I ask them questions periodically about component matching

Last edited:
Does Oppo or associates maintain any repair centers over there?

I know they still have technical support through their email address because I ask them questions periodically about component matching
Well @Thonolan is in Spain, so I wonder if there are any repair centers over there. Here in the US we have it pretty good, as the folks out in Cali do repairs for a decent rate, which includes return shipping.

My oldest, the DV-970HD started messing up several years ago, I sent that puppy off to Cali and they got it purring again.
Cleaned the laser lens on the BDP-80 once, it's been fine since and the 103 still working good.
No probs with the (very) used Sony I bought for a back up SACD ripper. I still got a Sammie DVD-HD841 in the closet, don't know if it's worth fooling with. Maybe I can palm it off on my Daughter.
Are you saying that you cleaned the lens or they did? If you did, how do you do it?

Are you saying that you cleaned the lens or they did? If you did, how do you do it?
Take off the unit's cover, remove the cover over the lens, get some cotton balls and isopropyl alcohol and swab it. (I always keep 91% or 99% isopropyl).
I'm sure the folks at the Oppo repair center in Cali can give you more detailed instructions if needed.
ONce you remove the lens cover, it faces up so at that point easy to get to.

Well I first bought the 103D...then when Oppo left the market I was lucky to grab a 203 from a retailer in those final days...I got the 205 in the Oppo sweepstakes...but I decided to sell it for a modest profit..the proceeds paid for the 203 so I was happy....I had no plans on using analog connections to take advantage of the improved audio section of the 205...so there was no real reason to have the 205....now lately with all the talk about the Oppo on here...I thought it might be the right time to get another machine...so I grabbed another 103D that is in mint condition...it looks better than the one I had...and then I had an idea...maybe I should grab a 105 as I'm going to have to start a new system from the ground up...although I can't use my equipment at all right now...I need to get a 105 now while it's still possible...so I did......looking back I should have kept the 205...but my mind changed about using the analog connections..so in the future when I set up my system I will have something new to experience... so I have FOUR now :cool: View attachment 54072
I ended up with 6 Oppo's...

straight from the email they sent me to clean my Oppo 93:

Instead of using a lens cleaning disc, have you tried cleaning the laser to see if it'll help? Here are the instructions on how to do so:

Remove the screws on the side (two on each side) and back of the player (5 screws). Remove the top cover of the player by lifting up and pulling the cover away from the player.

When you remove the top cover you will see the loader. The loader has four to six small screws (2 or 3 on each side) which need to be removed. Once removed you can now safely remove the top of the loader and gain access to the servo.

Now clean the laser head surface with a cotton swab and alcohol. Also clean the rubber spindle on the servo to make sure there is no hair or lint which can make the discs load off center.

Reverse the steps to put the player back together.
Now play a disc and see if the same errors persist.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OT Service, Inc.
162 Constitution Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
[email protected]

I have a 103D that I use almost exclusively for ripping SACD’s to .iso. I also have a ChinOPPO 203 that I use as the main source for playback in my systems. I used to own a 93 but I gave it to my daughter in law so that she could playback my granddaughter’s Blu Rays and occasional DVD’s.

Edit: I also have a hardware plugin that I added to the 103 to make it region free. I learned about it from @edisonbaggins(thanks again Baggy!). Works great and no jailbreak needed. Has come in handy for playing back my Aretha Franklin and Talking Heads Blu Rays.

Back