Batch #2 of Rhino Atmos Blu-Rays coming August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<disregard, topic covered earlier in thread and can't delete posts here>

Last edited:
Sorry if I missed it but do we know who the mix engineers were for this latest batch?

That was my take as well. Kind of a glass half full moment for folks like me. I do have to say, though, that it seems pretty clear that the good folks at Rhino are taking our suggestions very seriously.
I was kind of hoping this release was Greatest Hits leaving the studio albums for a Quadio box set.

Bread, Chicago, & Bowie for me. Not a fan of multi-channel live mixes.
I'll be very interested in the Chicago in Atmos. They could mix horns in many channels.
I totally agree. Lead vocals, background vocals, guitar, keyboard(s), drums(spread across two channels? 🤔), and a multitude of horns…oh, the possibilities. And if they kill it with the Atmos mixes and the Blu Ray sells well, would Rhino, et al possibly entertain mixing more of the Chicago catalog in Dolby Atmos???

No Secrets again :confused:? It would be great to have Letters Never Sent, Spy, Another Passenger, Coming Around Again, and possibly Torch Carly Simon sets worthy of consideration for Atmos or 5.1 releases in time. I get her fan base is probably limited in the surrround community and other factors. Cheers😜

Last edited:
No Secrets again :confused:? It would be great to have Letters Never Sent, Spy, Another Passenger, Coming Around Again, and possibly Torch Carly Simon sets worthy of consideration for Atmos or 5.1 releases in time. I get her fan base is probably limited in the surrround community and other factors. Cheers😜
Letters Never Sent. We love that record...

Meh. They must have disabled the discount code for the sale weekend (normally it works in guest checkout). Since I can't get the 15% off on the new Atmos blu-rays or the quadio #5 bundle, I'll wait for those items to invariably show up at other vendors since they're not exclusives ("bundle" notwithstanding). Current Amazon prices for bundle #4 titles is comparable to the Rhino bundle price anyway.

While I’m not really interested in Chicago’s Greatest Hits as an album (I prefer the original LPs) I may pick this one up just to have the lead vocal from the “Now More Than Ever” bit of the “Make Me Smile” single and the 2nd acoustic guitar part from “Wishing You Were Here” that were (presumably) inadvertently missing from the quad mixes. 🙂

Back