New Mystery Title Due Out Before Christmas 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! Sorry it's not your cup of tea but boy howdy, am I looking forward to this!
1721219894567.png

Interesting choice. Sadly, not my cup of tea, but happy for those looking forward to it.
Thank you! Sorry it's not your cup of tea but boy howdy, am I looking forward to this!
lol, also not really my cup of tea (give me Blitzkrieg by Wallenstein) :giggle:

Glad it's going to someone who'll appreciate it. (y)

Edit: Actually, it's not too bad when I'm not listening to it on a mobile phone speaker. :oops: Think I'll be purchasing this one.

Last edited:
That was fun! I thought maybe there was a quad of Tab because I found some old threads here talking about SQ encoded quad releases of it. I really don’t understand what that means, but I guess if there was a quad mix, then it wasn’t officially released.
Very much impressed by your sleuthing on this! (y)

I believe I saw a cover title of tunes with ‘Wish You Were Here’ on it. And a recent instrumental of it also.

Anything else on the Pink Floyd tie in?

Very much impressed by your sleuthing on this! (y)

I believe I saw a cover title of tunes with ‘Wish You Were Here’ on it. And a recent instrumental of it also.

Anything else on the Pink Floyd tie in?
There's a Pink Floyd tribute album ("Still Wish You Were Here") with a track featuring Billy Sheehan that I found during the search, but the link is supposed to be with A Tab in the Ocean.

That was fun! I thought maybe there was a quad of Tab because I found some old threads here talking about SQ encoded quad releases of it. I really don’t understand what that means, but I guess if there was a quad mix, then it wasn’t officially released.
I’m still going to need some education on this band / title as I’m totally unfamiliar with them. (That probably doesn’t surprise you @J. PUPSTER :ROFLMAO: )

There's a Pink Floyd tribute album ("Still Wish You Were Here") with a track featuring Billy Sheehan that I found during the search, but the link is supposed to be with A Tab in the Ocean.
This is the one I saw from 2012-
https://www.discogs.com/master/504786-Nektar-A-Spoonful-Of-Time

and this video-

But if there is a direct link to the Tab album, we simply must know!

I’m still going to need some education on this band / title as I’m totally unfamiliar with them. (That probably doesn’t surprise you @J. PUPSTER :ROFLMAO: )

I really only know them from the Quad years-
https://www.discogs.com/release/599257-Nektar-Remember-The-Future

https://www.discogs.com/release/1915387-Nektar-Down-To-Earth

edit: Oh and if you want to know about any unreleased or otherwise old Quads, see @fizzywiggs41 or @steelydave :)

Congratulations to @skherbeck for being the super sleuth!
Thank you all for being such good sports and playing along with this little exercise.

Here are the explainations behind the hints.

Hint #1: Hint #1: This “classic” album has been questioned within this forum as to whether or not it had ever received a quad or any other submersive mix prior. It surprisingly has not.

I found a conversation while searching for Nektar in these forums with someone questioning if there ever was a quad release. Even though Remember the Future was originally recorded with a quad release, It’s predecessor A Tab in the Ocean was not.

The term “submersible” must have been a Freudian slip on my part but as I pointed out after it was “discovered”, it was quite pertinent.

Hint #2: What do Bruce Dickenson and Billy Sheehan have in common?

As a member of Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickenson recorded a cool cover version of King of Twilight from the ATITO album. Billy Sheehan played bass on the album A Spoonful of Time and toured with Nektar briefly.

Hint #3:

Ahh, It appears that the validity of this thread is in question as well as my integrity. A man of truth would swear he is not lying as would a deceitful liar answer the same. Only you can decide if it is real or just deception.

Herewithin lies Hint #3.

Admittedly somewhat cryptic, To the answer to every question, “is it real or just deception” are lyrics from the song A Tab in the Ocean. And yes, herewithin is a word in the dictionary. My use of it could be questionable and there may have been “extending” circumstances involved when I wrote it.😎

Hint #4: Consequences of dropping this.

The A Tab in the Ocean album is based on the concept of “dropping” a tab (of acid) into the ocean and experiencing the resulting or “consequences” of its effects.

Hint #5: What once was a journey has now become a mission.

“Journey” to the Centre of the Eye was the first album released by Nektar in 1971. Their latest album and tour is entitled “Mission” to Mars.

Hint #6: There is a direct link to Pink Floyd.

Mick Brockett, a full fledged and credited member of the band as their lighting and effects designer had previously worked with Pink Floyd providing the same. A kind of weak hint but accurate just the same.

As obscure as the hints were, I believe you can now see that they were all pertinent to the artist or album. Having no experience with attempting something like this, I found it very difficult even with the fascinating subject matter to come up with hints subtle enough to not be too obvious yet thought provoking enough to engage everyone. I hope I didn’t frustrate anyone too much and I hope you enjoyed the conversations it as much as I have.
If @skherbeck will PM me with your info, I will make sure you get a copy of the final album when released.

Next post will reveal the circumstances surround this little game…

Congratulations to @skherbeck for being the super sleuth!
Thank you all for being such good sports and playing along with this little exercise.

Here are the explainations behind the hints.

Hint #1: Hint #1: This “classic” album has been questioned within this forum as to whether or not it had ever received a quad or any other submersive mix prior. It surprisingly has not.

I found a conversation while searching for Nektar in these forums with someone questioning if there ever was a quad release. Even though Remember the Future was originally recorded with a quad release, It’s predecessor A Tab in the Ocean was not.

The term “submersible” must have been a Freudian slip on my part but as I pointed out after it was “discovered”, it was quite pertinent.

Hint #2: What do Bruce Dickenson and Billy Sheehan have in common?

As a member of Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickenson recorded a cool cover version of King of Twilight from the ATITO album. Billy Sheehan played bass on the album A Spoonful of Time and toured with Nektar briefly.

Hint #3:

Ahh, It appears that the validity of this thread is in question as well as my integrity. A man of truth would swear he is not lying as would a deceitful liar answer the same. Only you can decide if it is real or just deception.

Herewithin lies Hint #3.

Admittedly somewhat cryptic, To the answer to every question, “is it real or just deception” are lyrics from the song A Tab in the Ocean. And yes, herewithin is a word in the dictionary. My use of it could be questionable and there may have been “extending” circumstances involved when I wrote it.😎

Hint #4: Consequences of dropping this.

The A Tab in the Ocean album is based on the concept of “dropping” a tab (of acid) into the ocean and experiencing the resulting or “consequences” of its effects.

Hint #5: What once was a journey has now become a mission.

“Journey” to the Centre of the Eye was the first album released by Nektar in 1971. Their latest album and tour is entitled “Mission” to Mars.

Hint #6: There is a direct link to Pink Floyd.

Mick Brockett, a full fledged and credited member of the band as their lighting and effects designer had previously worked with Pink Floyd providing the same. A kind of weak hint but accurate just the same.

As obscure as the hints were, I believe you can now see that they were all pertinent to the artist or album. Having no experience with attempting something like this, I found it very difficult even with the fascinating subject matter to come up with hints subtle enough to not be too obvious yet thought provoking enough to engage everyone. I hope I didn’t frustrate anyone too much and I hope you enjoyed the conversations it as much as I have.
If @skherbeck will PM me with your info, I will make sure you get a copy of the final album when released.

Next post will reveal the circumstances surround this little game…
Amazing. While I initially had my doubts about the thread in general, I came around. Hopefully you were not offended by QQ members and our "paranoia" about this whole ordeal.

Back