RHINO QUADIO batch #6 - Speculation Extravaganza!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRAFFIC -John Barleycorn Must Die. United Artists UA-DA202-H
An absolute must for Traffic fans
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND - Unconditionally Guaranteed. Mercury MQ8-1-709

BOB MARLEY - Natty Dread. Island MQ8-9281

BONNIE RAITT - Takin' My Time. Warner Bros. BS4-2729 (CD4)

JOE WALSH - So What. Command CQD-40017
Discussed many times at QQ
GREG ALLMAN - Laid Back. Capricorn CP4-0116
ALLMAN BROTHERS - Brothers & Sisters. Capricorn CP4-0111

Please excuse my lack of knowledge if these titles are unavailable, this is just a small sample of wishful thinking.

Wouldn't it be great if @ForagingRhino would post a list of all the Quads they have available to reissue here and we could all vote for the ones we would like to see released the most! Something like pick your top 10 or 20 and see which ones on the list get the most votes! :)
I would rather be surprised, too much fun speculating

This is neither a democracy, nor a popularity contest.
@ForagingRhino has done a magnificent job as curator of this project.

Let the monkeys in the peanut gallery chatter while he continues to do his valuable work. ;)
🐒🐵🙈🙉🙊
🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜
I agree that he has done a spectacular job, I have purchased every one of them they have released so far!

I'm just not an expert, like several of the members on this forum, so I am not up on everything that was produced/released on Quad. I have a very limited knowledge of the recordings and what label/company/artist now owns them. It would be much easier to express an opinion of what I would like to see released if I knew what was available. I would have to disagree that it is somewhat of a popularity contest, since more popular titles may result in greater sales and more profit for Rhino. I do understand there are other considerations as well that impact the decision on what titles to release.

That said I appreciate the great work Rhino is doing, what they have released sounds fantastic!

Wouldn't it be great if @ForagingRhino would post a list of all the Quads they have available to reissue here and we could all vote for the ones we would like to see released the most! Something like pick your top 10 or 20 and see which ones on the list get the most votes! :)
Brilliant! You said out loud what I've been thinking. While I'm at it, let me congratulate the QQ members for their impressive vast knowledge--which gives them an advantage to this speculation thread. I'm always amazed and grateful for the information they provide. ❤️ Also, found this link that might be helpful in understanding what might be available.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/WB.htm

Last edited:
Brilliant! You said out loud what I've been thinking. While I'm at it, let me congratulate the QQ members for their impressive vast knowledge--which gives them an advantage to this speculation thread. I'm always greatful for the information they provide. ❤️
:unsure: May be it is us speculating that allow them to be found!

...... does a falling tree make a sound if no one is there to hear it?

Last edited:
QUADIO SPEC BATCH 6-E

QUADIO SPEC BATCH 6-E.jpg

Maybe a long shot but are any of the King Biscuit Flower Hour recordings available or of sufficient quality for release?
Here's the quads (or even stereo) titles I'd LOVE to have released. Just to hear them again...bet it would be a licensing mess but oh so good...
Some of the gems hidden in the vault worth digging out - used to have a lot of these on cassette but sadly over time, all gone.

• AC/CD live 1978
  • Atlanta Rhythm Section live 1976 & 1977
  • B.B. King live 1978
  • B-52's live 1979
  • Bebop Deluxe live 1976
  • Blood Sweat and Tears live 1976
  • The Cars live 1978
  • Jimmy Cliff live 1975 & 1978
  • Billy Cobham live 1978
  • Rick Derringer live 1979
  • F.M. live 1979
  • Fairport Convention live 1975
  • Rory Gallagher live 1976 & 1978
  • Genesis live 1978
  • Gentle Giant live 1980
  • Hall and Oates live 1978
  • Herbie Hancock live 1973 & 1977
  • Heart live 1976
  • Freddie Hubbard live 1978
  • Journey (pre-Steve Perry!) live 1976
  • Kraftwerk live 1975
  • John McLaughlin live 1978
  • Passport live 1979
  • R.E.O. Speedwagon (pre-singles/top 40!) live 1979
  • Renaissance live 1974
  • Return to Forever live 1975
  • Starcastle live 1976
  • Talking Heads live 1978
  • U.K. (Bruford / Wetton) live 1978
  • Weather Report live 1977 & 1978
  • Yes live 1979

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/ken-rasek-concert-recording-list.31376/

TRAFFIC -John Barleycorn Must Die. United Artists UA-DA202-H
An absolute must for Traffic fans
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND - Unconditionally Guaranteed. Mercury MQ8-1-709

BOB MARLEY - Natty Dread. Island MQ8-9281

BONNIE RAITT - Takin' My Time. Warner Bros. BS4-2729 (CD4)

JOE WALSH - So What. Command CQD-40017
Discussed many times at QQ
GREG ALLMAN - Laid Back. Capricorn CP4-0116
ALLMAN BROTHERS - Brothers & Sisters. Capricorn CP4-0111

Please excuse my lack of knowledge if these titles are unavailable, this is just a small sample of wishful thinking.

Nice quad wishful thinking , but apart from Bonnie Raitt which has been vetted and there is no quad ....
All of the recordings you have listed are not with Rhino/WEA. You might try UMG , though, .....if and when they should start their very own quad reissue program.

Don't beat me up, but it seems that many of you buy these discs without knowing the albums at all. Why is that?
I've generally stopped buying albums that I'm unfamiliar with. Too often I find that that unfamiliar albums are a one and done listen. Now that the volume of material being released in surround has increased, I find that I can be more selective.

I've generally stopped buying albums that I'm unfamiliar with. Too often I find that that unfamiliar albums are a one and done listen. Now that the volume of material being released in surround has increased, I find that I can be more selective.
Glad to hear! Some on this forum just buy, buy buy and then complain about the album & how they don't like it.
Crazy! :crazyqq

Back