RHINO QUADIO batch #6 - Speculation Extravaganza!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
courtesy of @edisonbaggins on Facebook ✌️😻

IMG_1325.jpeg

Well, wanted SPITFIRE over DRAGONFLY, but very happy with the latter! and anticipating SPITFIRE next year? ;)

"Caroline" is indeed a Balin winner on DRAGONFLY. Don't remember if it got much airplay other than the then current AOR FM stations, probably
because it is rather long for a single. Everyone seemed to like "Ride the Tiger" -- Paul was playing it until the end -- as did I, but I also liked
"That's For Sure" because of Grace's vocal input. By the late 70s Grace was out, but Balin was in for that great one-off single "Light the Sky on Fire"
which appeared during that very weird STAR WARS TV HOLIDAY SPECIAL on a Wookie video. It was included on a greatest hits collection, but never on a complete album.

Wonder if it is available in surround as an extra for one of the JS Quadios?

The notorious STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL video:

Last edited:
Well, since Baggie spilled the beans, I have to tell you all, you will be BLOWN AWAY by "Bloodshot". The quad mix is spectacular. From the first track on there is no doubt to anyone listening that this is a quadraphonic recording.

If you like rock, and are not familiar with this album (like me), you will find yourself in awe as you listen to it. The Foghat is good as well, but for me, the "Bloodshot" quad mix is stellar demo material.

I've found myself listening to that one the most out of all of the 4. (And they all sound great, by the way, but you already know and expect that)

Note - the other month Rhino issued a separate Atmos & Quadio disc for Chicago IX (Chicago's Greatest Hits). This was previously issued as part of the 9 disc Chicago Quadio set. I have both. In my ROON music software, it shows that the new Chicago IX Quadio averages dynamic range of 4, whereas the prior Chicago IX Quadio disc averages a dynamic range of 5. Wonder what gives here? And will this same dynamic range conundrum occur in the next week to be released of Doobie Brothers Toulouse Brothers Quadio compared to the prior Quadio release of this album?

Back