Alan Parsons Project "Pyramid" super-deluxe box set (Atmos & 5.1 BluRay) Aug. 24, 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just listened to Paul Sinclair's overview of recent and upcoming box set reissues. Very happy to hear 2 things: Alan Parson's Pyramid will be getting a standalone blu-ray (release date TBD) and he did acknowledge that big box sets that mix analog vinyl with digital surround content are amongst the least popular with many fans. I will never understand the thinking behind reissues that mix the two technologies, other than greed or ignorance. It simply forces many fans to purchase a lot of content they will not listen to whichever camp they fall into. Having said that, the big Pyramid box looks gorgeous - but is massive overkill for this particular album, for me.

1720802115183.png

Anyone know if the Dolby Atmos mix will be available on streaming platforms? Earlier this year it was alluded to that APP Atmos mixes would start appearing on Apple Music, I wonder if this will be one of them?

Back