Steven Wilson New Order Dolby Atmos Mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed this! It’s only on my Apple tv though, on my iPad it’s all there. Odd, since one would assume it’s all pulling from the same server. I love Apple Music, but it’s a damn mess at times, especially their reluctance to properly identify Atmos music. There’s no rhyme or reason to the way multiple versions of certain albums are prioritized. For example, the featured album on the New Order artist page is Low-life. Is it the Atmos version? Of course not. Movement- it IS the Atmos version, but it’s labeled “Lossless”, not Atmos. Plus, you can play the Definitive version of both those albums and get Atmos versions of the core album tracks, despite again, being labeled Lossless. One of the Movement instances has a fancy newanimated album cover, but it’s an older mix of the album. Oh, and the lyrics are embarrassingly poorly transcribed. In some cases the timing is so far off that it’s several verses behind what’s playing. They’re so bad on both counts that I prefer to just turn them off.

so strange. i just checked again on both my phone and apple tv and only chosen time, the him and denial play in atmos on the definitive and 2019 remastered versions. my receiver switches back to stereo for the other songs. very annoying.

I love Apple Music, but it’s a damn mess at times, especially their reluctance to properly identify Atmos music.

Totally agree. Zappa's Apostrophe (') was only showing as stereo for me in Australia so I didn't bother listening to it on release date. I played it last weekend still thinking it would be stereo and it was actually in Atmos. I am sure that it's a big task to identify and tag the hundreds (maybe thousands) of new albums that come onto Apple Music each week but this is a Trillion Dollar company.

They should do better......

Totally agree. Zappa's Apostrophe (') was only showing as stereo for me in Australia so I didn't bother listening to it on release date. I played it last weekend still thinking it would be stereo and it was actually in Atmos. I am sure that it's a big task to identify and tag the hundreds (maybe thousands) of new albums that come onto Apple Music each week but this is a Trillion Dollar company.

They should do better......
For once, Tidal seem to have the up on Apple then. All correctly labelled. :)

Back