RHINO QUADIO batch #6 - Speculation Extravaganza!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There's Deliver the Word, Live! (which may be kind of underwhelming as a Quadio release because it's just audience in the rear speakers) and there's also an unreleased quad mix of Why Can't We Be Friends? which would be a real exciting development if it were to be reissued...but I'd like to get them all in order.

Herbie Mann - "Push Push" alt cover!
I can see a Quadio logo at top left corner, sort of.

eJ7R61v.jpg
Oh, come on. You KNOW the US cover was soooo much better. 😂

Still high anticipation for ZZ Top "Tres Hombres" One of the best discreet QUAD mixes I've heard.
For some albums and rare tapes, they are to remain a "collector's item" and in the hands of the collectors. And for that rare quad reel-to-reel that was released of this album, that is what it is.

It's not so bad, at least it got a QR release and is not stuck in 8-Track cartridge quality for the end of time. It's all fine right.

I'm thinking we deserve a second all rock type bundle, so my picks are :

Foghat-Energized
James Gang -Miami
Jackson Browne-Late For The Sky
James Taylor -Gorilla

And still holding out hope for finding these elusive quads, first 3 European:

Deaf School -Second Honeymoon
Passport -Handmade
Absolute Elsewhere- In Search Of Ancient Gods
Z Z Top - Tres Hombres *

There's Deliver the Word, Live! (which may be kind of underwhelming as a Quadio release because it's just audience in the rear speakers) and there's also an unreleased quad mix of Why Can't We Be Friends? which would be a real exciting development if it were to be reissued...but I'd like to get them all in order.
"unreleased quad mix of Why Can't We Be Friends? "!!!!!

I would like to see Jefferson Starship "Spitfire" IMHO a better album than "Red Octopus" in the next batch.

How about "Raunch 'N' Roll Live". It was my first Quad reel, I more recently picked up a CD-4 copy as well and it plays fine but you can't beat those Quadios for overall sound quality. I just wish that other Black Oak Arkansas titles had been given the quad treatment as well!

I would like to see Jefferson Starship "Spitfire" IMHO a better album than "Red Octopus" in the next batch.

How about "Raunch 'N' Roll Live". It was my first Quad reel, I more recently picked up a CD-4 copy as well and it plays fine but you can't beat those Quadios for overall sound quality. I just wish that other Black Oak Arkansas titles had been given the quad treatment as well!
“Are you ready to boogie?” Let’s go Uncle Lijiah!

Just saw NEW QUADIOS on Rhino site: No Secrets - Carly Simon, SEAL - Crazy, Chicago - Greatest Hits '69 -'74 and Black Sabbath - Live EVIL. Dam, No Rod - Atlantic Crossing, for Christmas Rodney. or outside shot hoping for Arlo Brookyln Cowboys.

Last edited:
Just saw NEW QUADIOS on Rhino site: No Secrets - Carly Simon, SEAL - Crazy, Chicago - Greatest Hits '69 -'74 and Black Sabbath - Live EVIL. Dam, No Rod - Atlantic Crossing, for Christmas Rodney. or outside shot hoping for Arlo Brookyln Cowboys.
Not new QUADIOS but rather Blu-ray Atmos releases. I bought all four (4) early this morning.

Not new QUADIOS but rather Blu-ray Atmos releases. I bought all four (4) early this morning.
THANKS - Sorry for that mix up , you are correct Just got too excited. No wonder No Rod or Arlo, I can dream and while I'm still at it, Dam you Holly Johnson let Trevor release Pleasuredome already.....LOL, big wish there.

Back