RHINO QUADIO batch #6 - Speculation Extravaganza!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Steve's latest hint (all Rockers); let's focus in a bit on these 8, for Spec. Batches G & H or any combo therein!

*and one very speculative title (however, may be considered more "funk/soul" ;)
Of course any outlier not yet known by us, would be very welcome indeed! :LB

QUADIO SPEC BATCH 6-G.jpg

QUADIO SPEC BATCH 6-H.jpg

With Steve's latest hint (all Rockers); let's focus in a bit on these 8, for Spec. Batches G & H or any combo therein!

View attachment 108852

View attachment 108853
The second grouping here rates a huge “Hell yeah!”

Hot Tuna America’s Choice is also a rock album, although I imagine there will be a max of 1 Grunt album among this batch.

From this upcoming batch:

1. Were any of them released previously on a multi-channel silver disc?
2. Do any of the artists have a previous Quadio release?

View attachment 108852

View attachment 108853

Great pics , for upcoming quads.

War Why Can't We Be Friends would be another unreleased quad , @ForagingRhino ...is this quad in the vault ?

View attachment 108852

View attachment 108853
You mean that after being promised that the four are going to be all rockers that slipping in War makes all good sense? Yes it’s funk / R&B all right, and a dash of pop in there too but it’s not rock at all. I certainly hope it’s the good old rock stuff, real rock.

You mean that after being promised that the four are going to be all RAWKERS! that slipping in War makes all good sense? Yes it’s funk / R&B all right, and a dash of pop in there too but it’s not RAWK! at all. I certainly hope it’s the good old rock stuff, real RAWK!
Fixed it for you. ;)
Isn't it great these quad re-releases let us be adolescent white boys again? 🤣

I seem to have grown out of it, and have a strong preference for the more diverse titles outside of the over-played material from 50+ years of AOR FM radio.

I sold my Alice Cooper unopened, and spun Paranoid exactly once. 🤔
Different strokes for different folks, as Sly Stone, who crashed & burned in the AOR 70s sang.

The following is from the new book "3+3" by Darrell M. McNeil.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CHLFQ5SP

1725204012742.png

Copyrighted material quoted for historical context:

Hendrix's station in the rock Pantheon remains indelible eover half a century after his death, but his passing brought unforeseen consequences:
with the popularization of FM radio and demographically separated formats, the cultural barriers for music solidified, segregating audiences by race, gender, age, region, and class, more so than music genre or style.

Rock stations purged Black artists from their playlists and Black stations purged rock music.
As the last emissary to traverse these barriers, Hendrix's death stifled any recognition of Black American culture-- all that made a Jim Hendrix possible-- as the source material of rock.

Radio analyst [and rock critic] Ken Tucker explains:
"[Album Oriented Rock] stations offered the kind of music their surveys told them appealed to-
'white males between the ages of thirteen and twenty-five.'

The stations that played it consequently '
narrowed the very definition of rock and roll:
by AOR guidelines, Black artists didn't play it, and neither did women."

You mean that after being promised that the four are going to be all rockers that slipping in War makes all good sense? Yes it’s funk / R&B all right, and a dash of pop in there too but it’s not rock at all. I certainly hope it’s the good old rock stuff, real rock.
I don't see any need to abide by the record industry's segregation of sound. I can "rock out" to War just fine.

Back